Saturday, July 5, 2008

An eventful weekend!!

This weekend has been very very eventful. Full of activities. Friday afterwork started with me rushing back from Penang (for work) to attend Style magazine's anniversary bash in Velvet. The theme is Denim and Diamonds. I had no denims on, and obviously not diamonds. Nobody told me the theme, OK? Not my fault!!
Anyway, the place is so full of everyone from the fashion industry. We've got: brand owners and merchandisers, lifestyle people (basically people who tell you how to live cool), photographers, fashion event organisers, fashionistas (these people dress the best) and of course the MODELS. Very 'Glam' event. And we've got free flow of alcohol too (too bad I don't drink) and there's food glorious food. Met a lot of 'glam glam' people.
The 'glam glam' people I was talking about...the models:)

Saturday came late (or is it I woke up late??!!) Went for lunch with dear Candice and bought a pretty looking fish. In case you dunno, I'm very into koi (Japanese carp) fishes. This one is young, very young, but pretty. Small cutie (about 15cm) costed me RM280. This variety is called Shusui. They have all the weirdest names for koi fishes btw. Lost sight of it 5 minutes after I threw it into my pond. Hope it's not eaten. But these fishes grow fast, with luck, it should be more than 50cm and weighing more than 300 times how much it weighs now in a years time. Maybe I'll take a picture again in a year's time to show.


My latest little cutie. Grow fast fast, dear.
On Saturday evening, I was invited to the Muay Thai superfight competition. Luck has it that I didn't get to attend the competition as I had to attend another close friend's dinner. Well, looking at humans hurting each other makes me uncomfortable anyways. But I did go to the after party which was held in Zouk (my face is starting to look familiar there:)) Met some fantastic people there too. There's:

There's celebrity travel-blogger Nicolekiss(http://nicolekiss.pacmee.com/)

There's Joe Balan (joebalan.pacmee.com), editor of FHM magazine and Mei Ling, editor of Style magazine.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey.. You left me a few private messages on pacmee.. Lol, I've no idea how to send a direct message.

-najlaa-